Bob is a past president of the EALB and has been a member of the association since 1994 in the classification of Sheet Metal. Bob was born and raised in Long Beach and attended Cal State Long Beach before being lured away by the ski slopes of Aspen, Colorado. He is happily married to his wife Robyn and together they have two daughters and their first Grandbaby on the way!
Sheet Metal is Bob's business. He is an expert in his field and if he can't help you he can steer you in the right direction. He brought metal samples to the meeting for the members to keep that tell you the different gauge metals he carries. He works with metal from 16 to 26 gauge and all the way up to 1/4" thickness. The types of metals he works with include: Aluminum, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, Steal and for the higher end clients Copper.
A good lead for Bob is any new construction happening around town. If you see a sign on a dirt lot please let Bob know where and he will go introduce himself as a potential supplier to the contractor. Also, if you know anyone with metal roofs or siding, they are good referrals as well.
Many of the members gave testimonials on the quality of Bob's workmanship on large and small projects. He does smaller speciality projects as well. If you have a metal project that you think Bob could help you with, give him a call.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Eric Speier, 5 Elements Entertainment | Classification: Website Design
Welcome New Members:
Toby Mullen, Neutility | Classification: Solar brought in by Rusty Deeble
Other Membership News:
Eric Speier & Mike Givens of 5 Elements Entertainment are changing classifications and will go into a 30 day abeyance effective immediately.
Classification of the Month:
Featured Classification for July:
Do you know an optometrist you could invite to the July 31st meeting?
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 10, 2017 – 1:30pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim’s Board Room at The Grand
1:15 PM M. THOMPSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: ___M. Thompson (P) __x__K. Gragson (VP) __x__J. Sawday (S/T)
____ R. Deeble __x__S. Williams ___x_ V. Bunting ___ J. Beeler __x_T. Di Leo __x_J. Choura (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Executive Director) __x__
1:20 PM J. SAWDAY MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the June 2017 Board Meeting
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: T. Di Leo Discussion. All in favor? Yes Opposed? No. Motion carries.
1:22 PM J. SAWDAY FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for June 2017? No.
- There were issues with Quickbooks and the Farmers & Merchants Website for the Statement so this was tabled until August.
1:25 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- The attendance report is attached. The members in Red will be sent letters reminding them of their required attendance commitment.
- Motion to send a friendly reminder to Diana, Kelly, Kolby and TGIS about not quite meeting their 50% attendance requirement, send a strong letter to Dave S. and Doug S. about their poor attendance and send a letter to Tom B. about his classification and poor attendance.
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: S. Williams. Discussion. All in favor? Yes. Opposed? No. Motion carries.
- Tom Bennett has changed his business name and location. There is concern that he no longer does 50% of his business within his classification. If not he needs to reapply under the appropriate open classification and go into abeyance for 30 days.
- Rusty Deeble’s guest Toby Mullen of Neutility Solar submitted an application. He was posted in the Riptide for two consecutive weeks and there were no comments from the membership. He has been in the solar industry for 6 years but has not been with Neutrality for two years yet. The membership committee has recommended him for membership as an individual not a firm.
- Motion to approve Toby Mullen of Neutrality Solar’s application for the classification of Solar?
- Motion: J. Choura 2nd: S. Williams Discussion. All in favor? Yes Opposed?No. Motion carries.
- Diane Grisham has resigned due to MRC Heating and Air closing. Motion to accept her resignation?
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: S. Williams Discussion. All in favor? Yes Opposed? No. Motion carries.
- Kellie Sherrill of Knightling Web Design has resigned as a member due to selling her web design business. Motion to accept her resignation?
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. All in favor? Yes Opposed? No. Motion carries.
- Jay Beeler would like to bring in an Optometrist as a guest and remembers the classification being open at one time. Motion to reopen the classification of Optometrist?
- Motion: S. Williams 2nd: J. Sawday Discussion. All in favor? Yes Opposed? No. Motion carries.
- Discussion to change the open the classification of Insurance - Life/Disability/Long Term Care to Insurance - Life/Health? Decided to leave it as is until we have an application pending.
1:45 PM K. GRAGSON BUSINESS PROMOTION
- The idea of having a EALB reunion was brought up. The idea of having a “Back to Execs” lunch/mixer on the patio after Labor Day was discussed. Kellie will ask members for their ideas on who to invite and design a postcard to mail out along with an email invite. Free to attend.
1:50 PM J. SAWDAY OLD & NEW BUSINESS
- Report from the Bylaws Committee on their review of the Bylaws and Policy Manual. Do you have recommendations for the board on any changes or amendments? No changes to the Bylaws at this time. There is discuss about updating the Policy Mannual.
- The Bylaws committee members include: Jennifer Sawday (Chair), Jay Beeler, Jim Choura and Scott Williams.
1:52 PM J. SAWDAY GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The board would like to have a classification of the month where we promote an open classification all month long with a sign by the check-in table and ask members to invite prospective members in that classification to the last meeting of the month.
- The Next Board meeting is on Monday, August 14th at The Grand at 1:30pm.
1:55 PM J. SAWDAY ADJOURN