Dr. Desh is happily married and the proud mom of Chase who's almost walking!
Dr. Desh is a board certified specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, a prestige only 1 in 3 orthodontists obtain. Raised in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Dr. Desh completed her undergraduate studies at Lehigh University. She graduated after three years Summa Cum Laude with a BA in pre-dental medicine and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
Dr. Desh continued her studies at one of only two Ivy League Dental schools, the University of Pennsylvania. During dental school, she was very involved in research and received several awards at various dental conferences for her work evaluating the role of masseter muscle metabolism in temporomandibular joint disorders. Dr. Desh graduated Penn Dental in the top 5% of her class and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honors Society. Upon graduation, Dr. Desh matriculated into the orthodontics program at Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry in Philadelphia, PA.
During her talk she presented a slideshow of her work transforming lives and smiles for her clients. She can do traditional braces, Invisalign, clear braces and Embrace. She covered the pros and cons of each type of treatment and showed lots of examples. Dr. Desh's approached is individualized to each clients needs and behavior preferences. If you are interested in beautifying your smile or your child's schedule a consult with Dr. Desh right away.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Hugh Wolf of Speeder Imaging | Signs
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Mary Loos of Bixby Neighbors in the classification of Magazine: Bixby Knolls.
Other Membership News:
Classification of the Month:
Featured Classification for January:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 8, 2018 – 1:30pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim Choura’s Board Room
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: _x__M. Thompson (P) ___x_K. Gragson (VP) ____J. Sawday (S/T)
__x__ R. Deeble __x__S. Williams __x__ V. Bunting __x_ J. Beeler ___T. Di Leo __x_J. Choura (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Executive Director) __x__
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the December 2017 Board Meeting
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: J. Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? None. Motion carries.
1:35 PM J. SAWDAY FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for December 2017
- Motion: K. Gragson 2nd: J. Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? None. Motion carries.
1:40 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- Kellie has reached out to Frank Messano about his final answer on continuing his membership and is awaiting his response.
- John Berg’s guest Hugh Wolf of Speed Pro Imaging came to the meeting with application in hand as promised.
- Motion to approved Hugh Wolf of Speed Pro Imaging for membership in the classification of Signs?
- Motion: R. Deeble 2nd: M. Thompson Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? None. Motion carries.
- Ideas needed for getting members to bring in guests.
- The attendance report for the second half of 2017 is attached. The membership committee will review it in detail and ask Kellie to send out necessary reminders. Board members discussed those with poor attendance and each agreed to reach out to one person and remind them about the importance of attendance to give and receive leads. Kellie would like to honor the top 5 attendance stars at the President’s Installation Dinner.
- Pat Ellington will be traveling in March and April and when she returns she is having surgery and will need to take additional time off. She will let me know the exact dates after she speaks with her doctor.
1:50 PM K. GRAGSON BUSINESS PROMOTION
- Committee report. Do you have a date for the event? Not yet. Will be having another committee meeting after lunch on January 15th to decide.
- K. Gragson will ask the Port of Long Beach and Mayor Garcia to come speak again in 2018.
1:55 PM K. SHERRILL BOARD OF DIRECTORS SLATE
- The nominating committee assigned to compose the slate for the 2018/2019 board of Directors included: Tom Shilton, Jeff Parry and Pat Ellington. Here are their nominees that were emailed out to the membership and posted in the Riptide on December 19th.
2018/2019 Board Member Nominees: (The vote for the new board members will take place at our
annual meeting in February. )
- Jennifer Sawday of TLD Law - Re-Elect
- Rusty Deeble of Digital Installers - Re-Elect
- Corey Vane of A-Throne - New Elect
- Kimberly Rodgers of Jungle Promotions - New Elect
- Budget Committee: Jim Choura (past president), Kris Gragson (Incoming President), Jennifer Sawday (Current Treasurer), Craig Kotani (member and tax advisor), Kellie Sherrill (Executive Director). Kellie will draft a budget and email to the committee prior to the meeting on Wednesday, January 9th at 2:30pm. The committee will recommend it’s budget to the board for approval as the proposed budget for the annual meeting on February 5th at a special meeting of the board to be held on January 15th after the regular meeting.
2:10 PM M. THOMPSON OLD & NEW BUSINESS
- Message from the president.
- Increase Membership & Membership Retention
- Increase Commitment to Giving Leads
- Appreciating our ED
- M. Thompson will reach out to Dave Sakamoto at F&M about reducing our credit card processing fees.
- The board voted unanimously to give K. Sherrill a $1,000 bonus for 2017 and a 3% salary raise effective February 2018 pending the approval of the budget by the membership.
- The President’s Installation will be on Monday night,
- Each member give their feedback.
2:30 PM M. THOMPSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The Next Board meeting is our annual joint board meeting where we say farewell to outgoing board members and hello to the incoming board members. It will be on Thursday night, February 8th at Digital Installers from 6 to 9pm. TGIS will cater the food and The Grand will provide the dishes. Please bring a bottle or beverage to share.
2:35 PM M. THOMPSON ADJOURN
2018/2019 Board Member Nominees:
Thank you to our nominating committee of Tom Shilton, Pat Ellington and Jeff Parry for choosing excellent candidates for next years board of directors. The vote for the new board members will take place at our annual meeting in February.
Jennifer Sawday of TLD Law - Re-Elect
Rusty Deeble of Digital Installers - Re-Elect
Corey Vane of A-Throne - New Elect
Kimberly Rodgers of Jungle Promotions - New Elect