August 15, 2011
27 Inside Leads
8 Outside Leads
10 Speed Leads
70 Firms are currently members of Long Beach Execs
39 Firms were present at today’s meeting
Date: Monday, August 22, 2011
Location: Kelly Williams Insurance
Program Company: Kelly Williams Insurance
Program Member: Kelly Williams, III
Business: Kelly Williams Insurance
Address: 4400 E. Pacific Coast Hwy
City: LB, CA 90804
When: Monday, August 22 – Monday, August 29
Member Focus Talk
Executive Association of Long Beach
4833 Coldbrook Ave., LW
Phone: (562) 233-5793
Points Program Game: "How Well Do You Know The EALB"
5 Point Questions
1. What should you do before bringing a Guest/Prospective Member to a Meeting? A. Contact the Ex. Director to confirm that the Guest/Prospective Member's business is not in competition with a current Member's Business. - Dan Schept
2. Can a Member send a Representative to replace him/her at a Meeting? A. No - Brad Hooper
3. What annual EALB function is free of charge to every Member and one Guest? A. The President's Installation Dinner - Tony Canfora
4. In what Month is the EALB Annual Meeting held? A. February - Dan Schoef
10 Point Questions
5. What percentage of meetings must a Member or an Executive/Associate Member Team make in a six month period? Hint: This was a change at this past year's Annual Meeting....Bylaw Change. A. 50% - Kolby Pabst
6. What Rules of Procedure does the EALB follow at all of its Meetings? A. Roberts Rules of Order - Dan Schoepf
15 Point Questions:
7. According to the EALB Policy and Procedure Manual, what time should weekly meetings begin and end? A. They begin at 12:30 and should be over by 1:15p.m. - Roger Lockwood
8. According to the EALB Polciy and Procedure Manual, what portion of a weekly meeting does a Member need to be present in which to receive credit for the meeting? A. The beginning of the meeting at 12:30 and must remain at the meeting until the end of the Member's Talk/Presentation. - Roger Lockwood
20 Point Questons
9. In what city died the Executive Association start in 1916? A. San Francisco - Dr. Michael Katsura
10. What year was the EALB established? A. 1922 - Brad Hooper
11. What link is available on the Home Page of the EALB Website? A. IEA - International Executives Association - Bret Holloway
12. Is the Lead Session used to announce Leads that you ahve given or Leads that you have received? A. Given - Dan Schoepf
25 Point Questions:
13. What are the two ways that your Leads can be counted in the Points Program? A. You can write them down on a Speed Lead pad at the meetings and Peggy will input them for you, or you can input them yourself via the Website - Meg Beatrice
14. Name one of our current Board Members that are not an Officer? - Brad Hooper and Kolby Pabst
15. What are the two types of Postings that are placed in the Riptide and for how long are these Postings posted for? A. New Classification, New Member and they are posted for two weeks. - John Berg and Dan Schoepf
"All great achievements require time."
BYLAWS/POLICY MANUAL REVIEW
(a) Each Member Firm shall attend a minimum of 50% of regularly scheduled meetings for each six (6) month period. Such attendance requirement may be met by either the Executive Representative and/or the Associate Representative. Failure to satisfy the bi-annual attendance requirement may be cause for termination of membership.
2nd CLASSIFICATION POSTINGS:
Stone - Retail
2nd MEMBERSHIP POSTINGS:
Company Name: Vilander Stone & Tile, Inc.
8161 Monroe Ave., Stanton, CA 90680
Executive Rep: Don Vilander
Classification: Ceramic Tile and Marble Contractor
Sponsor: Bob Hegedus, H&H Electrical
Company: Greg Dodd Masonry
9200 Bloomfield Ave., #32
Cypress, CA 90630
Executive Rep: Greg Dodd
Associate Rep: Nanette Dodd
Classification: Masonry Contractor
Sponsor: Bret Holloway, F&M Bank
Any objections to above postings must be in writing to the Associations office by Monday, August 22, 2011.
New Membership Contest
Name of Contest: Top 8 Open Classifications
Rules: Bring in a New Member within the "Top 8 Open Classification" list and receive 100 points in the Points Program.
Time Frame: Between now and the end of 2011.
Long Beach Business Services
Office furniture for sale - cheap. Desks, chairs, shelves ( metal and wood ) and other misc items. Need to be removed from office by end of month. Call Janie 562.424.3088
Dodgers and Angels Tickets for Sale. Very Nice Season Seats. Many Games Below Box Office Price. Call Felicia at Coast Tickets for details and to purchase at 562-595-6510."
Kauai Condo For Rent - 2 bed.-2 bath. Deluxe waterfront condo poipu beach-special exec. rates - call Jim Nesmith 562 -900-2230
La Quinta Patio Home for Rent: 3 Bed, 4 Bath on the golf course patio home for rent. Call Jim nesmith 562-900-2230.