March 22, 2010
34 Inside Leads
20 Outside Leads
21 Speed Leads
69 Firms are currently members of Long Beach Execs
50 Firms were present at today’s meeting
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010
Location: The Grand
Program Company: Kelly Williams Insurance
Program Member: Kelly Williams, III
When: Wednesday, December 31 – Wednesday, December 31
Member Focus Talk
5318 E. 2nd St., #314, LB
Three of our Members gave "Mini Talks" today. Thank you to Pat Ellington, Incredible Journey, Felicia Behar, Coast Tickets and Jan Krantz of J&L Jewelry.
Pat Ellington - Incredible Journey
5318 E. 2nd St.
Long Beach, CA 90803
Pat gets "deals" each and every week, the problem is that they could be gone by the next day! They go quick. But, call her for all of your travel needs and she will do her best to find you one of those "deals".
But, please be aware that the travel industry costs are going up just like any other business.
Some travel tips from Pat:
- Be at the Airport an extra hour than suggested for all flights out of LAX Do Online check-in the day prior.
- Always check the following website for travel restrictions throughout the world. It will list countries that the U.S. is suggesting you not travel to. www.state.gov/travel
- Pay the extra money to have your baggage checked...it just makes life easier for you as you travel.
- Cruises: If you work with an Agent, they watch your itinerary for you and if the price goes down you will get that lower price. Also, you get perks. If you deal directly with a Cruise Company, the price when you booked is the price you will pay and no extra perks, etc.
- Price of Passports going up soon, so if you or family members do not yet have Passports get it done...save a bit of money.
- Even babies need Passports!!
- Maximum your miles; Best time to use your miles is exactly six months from the date you are planning on traveling.
Felicia Behar - Coast Tickets
2750 E. Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90803
Lots of fun sports things going on in the Los Angeles area and Nationwide:
Final Four, Laker Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, Long Beach Grand Prix, Angels and Dodgers Opening Day and MLB All-Star Game at Angel Stadium in Anaheim this year in July.
And lots of great concerts around town as well:
Paul McCartney, Eagles, Black Eyed Peas, John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Tom Petty, Sting, U2, James Taylor/Carole King, Michael Buble, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga - Seems to be Execs. favorite!!!
Call Felicia and her team at Coast Tickets and they will get you fixed up with some great tickets to any of the above mentioned events as well as many, many other.
Also sign up for her email list to receive special offers and event information.
Jan Krantz - J&L Jewelry
1823 Ximeno AVe.
Long Beach, CA 90815
Jan has been a Member of Execs. since 1986. She is always pushing the Buyers Guides at the Store with her customers, pointing out who they can use, etc.
J&L is like a Family atmosphere. No sales commission, so no pressures. There is always something to eat and drink in the store to make you feel at home. We want all of our customers to feel comfortable when you come to our store. Jan's daughter, sister, cousins, and sometime her Niece all work at the store with her, so it really is a family atmosphere.
They have a great consignment case where customers can sell their pieces that they may have inherited that they may not like....but someone else out there will love it.
They do buy gold at the store in a private transaction. Gold is selling for $1,130.00 per ounce at this time.
Randy Brown, New York Life
Bill Worden, D.D.S, Pediatric Dentistry
2nd Quarter 2010 Invoices
Invoices for 2nd Quarter 2010 were sent on Monday, March 1, 2010 with a due date of March 31, 2010.
Once your payment has been received, I send out an e-mail/fax to you that your payment has been received. If you feel that you have sent your payment of dues in and have not received a confirmation from me, please check your records and contact me ASAP to resolve.
The Board of Directors has asked that I enforce the following guidelines:
- $20.00 late fee WILL BE ENFORCED going forward. If your Dues payment is received after the due date, you will be charged the $20.00 late fee.
- The Bylaws do state that in order for a Member to attend our weekly meetings that Member must be a "Member in Good Standing" which includes being up to date with their Dues payments.
- Once your payment of Dues is 30 days past due, we will annouce at a meeting one week prior that names of those more than 30 days past due will be printed in the Riptide the following week.
2010/2011 MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
John Berg - Transcom Services
Melissa Bolinger - Room Stylists in a Day
Brad Davis - Glenn E. Thomas Dodge
Ray Lasher - Lasher's Restaurant
Dan Schoepf - Instant Signs & Banners
Kellie Shelton - Knightling, Inc.
2010/2011 BUSINESS PROMOTION COMMITTEE
Bret Holloway - F&M Bank (Golf Tournament & Dinner Afterwards)
Ray Lasher - Lasher's Restaurant (Golf Tournament & Dinner Afterwards)
Kelly Williams - Kelly Williams Insurance (Golf Tournament & Dinner Afterwards)
Ed Sanchez - Window Restoration and Repair
Sharon Butterfield - California Hardwood Floors
Kauai Condo For Rent - 2 bed.-2 bath. Deluxe waterfront condo poipu beach-special exec. rates - call Jim Nesmith 562 -900-2230
Coast Tickets "Angels and Dodgers Season Ticket Packages. Pick as many or as few dates as you would like. Of course, Individual Games available too. Call Coast Tickets at 562-595-6510 and ask to speak to Felicia for further details"
Board Meeting at a Glance