The following persons signed up yesterday to participate in our free "Long Beach's Largest Networking Mixer" on Thursday, Oct. 4, from 5:30 to 8:30 at The Grand:
Eric Speier, 5 Elements Entertainment
Harry Goldman, Allen's Flower Market
Jay Beeler, Beeler & Associates
John Doyle, Belmont Athletic Club
Mary Zerafa Loos, Bixby Neighbors
Jeff Parry, California Business Systems
Jim Choura, Coura Events at The Grand
Kimberly Rodgers, Jungle Promotions
Machelle Thompson, Keen Home Care
Tom Shilton, Shilton Associates
Jim Mills-Winkler, Waddell & Reed
There is no charge for members having a table at this event and no other outside firm will be allowed to participate if their classification conflicts with our membership. Outside firms will be allowed to participate if they are in a classification that we are seeking for membership in EALB. There is a $50 per table charge for non-members.
Questions? Call Business Promotion Committee Chair Jay Beeler at (562) 597-9000.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Rodney Bolton of HR Bizz
Mary Makler of Mary Makler Private Fiduciary
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Joe Zieba of Zieba Builders in the classification of Building Contractor - Residential.
Welcome Jack Skovgard of Long Beach Home Loan Corp in the classification of Home Loans.
Welcome Marc Materie of Merchant Services Group in the classification of Merchant Services.
Other Membership News:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
July 16, 2018 – 1:15pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim’s Board Room
1:15 PM K. GRAGSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: __x__K. Gragson (P) _x___J. Sawday (VP) _x___ V. Bunting (S/T) _x__ J. Beeler x___T. Di Leo
_x___ R. Deeble ____ K. Rodgers _x___C. Vane _x___ M. Thompson (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) __x__
1:15 PM K. GRAGSON MINUTES
• Motion to approve minutes from June’s 2018 Board Meeting?
• Motion: M. Thompson 2nd: K. Rodgers Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
1:20 PM J. BEELER FINANCIAL REPORTS
• Motion to receive and file the financial reports for June 2018?
• Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: M. Thompson Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
1:25 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
• The 1st half attendance to is out. Anyone 60% to 50% is highlighted in yellow. Anyone with 50% and below in attendance is highlight in red.
• We have three new applications, Jack Skovgard, Joe Zieba, and Marc Materie. Vetting letters are attached.
• Motion to approve membership for Jack Skovgard in the classification of Home Loans?
• Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? 7 Any Opposed? 0
• Motion to approve membership for Joe Zieba in the classification of Building Contractor - Residential?
• Motion: K. Gragson 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Abstain? 2 Motion Carries
• Motion to approve membership for Marc Materie in the classification of Merchant Services?
• Motion: M. Thompson 2nd: T. DiLeo Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
• Update for Stephen Hryniewicki resignation.
• Motion to approve the resignation of Stephen Hryniewicki and reopen the classifications of physician?
• Motion: K. Gragson 2nd: C. Vane Discussion. All in favor? 7 Any Opposed? 0
• Motion to open a new classification of Fiduciary Services?
• Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: K. Rodgers Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
• Bob Hegedus membership fees have not been paid for this quarter or last quarter. His membership attendance is also below 50 percent. I know he was out due to a medical emergency though I have not been able to reach him by phone or email.
• Will send letter to Bob and he has 30 days to reply
1:30 PM J. BEELER BUSINESS PROMOTION
• Attached is the outline from today’s discussion
1:40 PM K. GRAGSON / S. CAUDILLO OLD & NEW BUSINESS
• Marketing for the Execs and making changes to the video.
• Motion to budget $ 300 for marketing and changes to Execs video?
• Motion: K. Gragson 2nd: M. Thompson Discussion. All in favor? 7 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
• The budget approval of $1,200 for the IEA Conference in September. Only $580 for the trip was needed.
• Will also need to send Eric Speier to IEA Conference because he is on the board of directors.
• I would like to buy a external drive for the Execs files and paperwork out of the Office Expense. There is 269.00 still available and I would like to use $100 of it on an external drive.
1:55 PM K. GRAGSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
• Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
• The Next Board meeting is on Monday, August 13th at The Grand at 1:15pm in Jim’s Board Room.
2:05 PM K. GRAGSON ADJOURN