During the 97th Presidents Installation we inducted The Executives Association of Long Beach's new president Jennifer Sawday of TLD Law. During the installation we also recognized 7 our previous presidents including our most recent outgoing president Kris Gragson of GK Media. We also recognized 24 of our longest tenured businesses and members, some as early as 10 years ago and our oldest tenured members have been part of the EALB for 43 years!
Our outgoing board was also recognized for all of their hard work last year. Thank you again Rusty Deeble of Digital Installers and Machelle Thompson of Keen Healthcare. We also inducted our new board members for the 2019-2020 year.
Summer Temple, daughter of our late distinguished member Don Temple presented this years Executive Association of Long Beach Don Temple award to Jay Beeler of Beeler and Associates. Jay has been a member for 37 years and this past year he significantly helped bring in new members and also helped create our first networking mixer this past October. Outside of Execs he helped make the 50th anniversary of Don Temple Storage a success.
Today was about inducting our new president Jennifer Sawday. Jennifer has been a member since 2014 and has served on our Board of Directors. Her goal for her presidency is to lay the foundation for our 100th anniversary and to make sure we are going strong for another 100 years! Jennifer's plan is to bring in younger businesses with the hope they will continue to be lifelong members.
Thank you everyone who attended this years installation. Jennifer you have the full support of the Execs and our excited to see what you achieve for 2019-2020 and beyond.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Please welcome Bob Cook of Business Printing and Imaging under the classification of Printing - Small Commercial
Other Membership News:
Rodney Bolton of HR Bizz has been suspended until receiving payment for past dues.
Classification of the Month:
Featured Classification for March:
Appraisals and Massage Therapist
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
February Meeting Agenda
March 11th, 2019 – 11:30 am
Location: The Grand
11:30 AM J. Sawday ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _x___J. Sawday (P) _x___ J. Beeler (VP) _x___ E. Speier (S/T)
__x_ V. Bunting _x__T. Di Leo _x__E. Riley x C. Vane _x___ K. Gragson (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _x___
11:35 AM J. Sawday MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from February 2019 Board Meeting?
· Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: J, Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:40 AM E. Speier FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for February 2019?
· Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:45 AM J. Beeler MEMBERSHIP
· No new memberships at this time
· Rodney Bolton has not paid his dues for last quarter. I have followed up with him several times in the last few months to no answer. I called him last week to let him know his dues for last quarter have not been paid. He wasn’t happy that he had to pay last quarter since he wasn’t around. I still have not received payment and have not received a resignation either.
· [Delinquencies: Dues and other participatory volunteer expenses charged to the Member Firms shall be due and payable upon receipt of statement and shall be deemed delinquent if not paid in full by the end of the month in which due. A late charge of $20.00 will be assessed at that time. Delinquent Member Firms will be advised in writing of such delinquency and upon failure to remove the delinquency within fifteen (15) days of notification, the Member’s membership may be terminated by the Board of Directors.]
· By accordance with the bylaws membership for Rodney Bolton and HR Bizz should be terminated. I would like to suspend his membership for 1 week to see if he can catch up with last quarter and this quarters dues or to see if I receive a resignation letter.
· Motion to suspend Rodney Bolton and HR Bizz for one week? If delinquency is not paid, Rodney and HR Bizz will be terminated after the one week.
· Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:50 AM J. Beeler BUSINESS PROMOTION
· Update on Mixer
· Next week will be the first meeting for the mixer
11:55 AM J. Sawday / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· IEA Update on Eric’s IEA trip?
· Eric will need $500 to travel for the IEA board meeting
· Motion to pay $500 stipend to Eric Speier for the IEA Board meeting?
· Motion: J. Beeler 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? 7 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
· Update on membership pins
· Will have an update on pins this week
· Possibly lowering the application fee
· Will need to set up a budget for items associated with each new member (plaques, badges, etc)
· Inviting people on Facebook and Creating an Instagram.
12:00 PM J. Sawday GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The Next Board meeting is April 8th at TBD at The Grand.
12:05 PM J. Sawday ADJOURN