This week we started our two week forum on how our members are managing during the pandemic. We asked the Execs to think about the following questions. Are you receiving rent concessions from landlords? Are you receiving PPP Loans? Is your business able to innovate? Has demand for our business gone up or down? Have you made any modifications within the workplace? Impact of employees having to remote in. Impact of either working from home or having to figure out daycare/distance learning issues if you have to go into work?
This week was a open forum moderated by our President Jay Beeler.
Please see the video below.
Meetings will now begin at 12pm. I will open the meeting at 11:30am They will end at 1pm.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
Please stay safe and follow sanitary protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to use Zoom for your weekly meetings going forward.
Our website has been updated to send leads in real time. Click on the the "Got Leads?" button the the top right of the Execs website. Click who the lead is going to and your name and a message.
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Joseph Paguio as an affiliate member under the open classification of Photographer.
Other Membership News:
Returning to The Grand has been postponed for this quarter. We will reevaluate in Sept.
When you refer a new member, you can have a choice in one of two options
1. Have your dues waived for one quarter.
2. Have your dues, as well as the new members dues cut in half for one quarter.
New member has to be in good standing for the first 6 months to receive the promotion.
We have introduced a new type of membership.
Dues are $150 per quarter
Pays $50 initiation fee to cover badge and T-shirt expense
Pays $18 for lunch at each meeting attended
May give and receive leads and give classification talks
No attendance requirement; may attend showcase and special events
Entitled to any open classification; no exclusive classification entitlement
Listed in roster and on web as affiliate member – classification and name only
Not a voting member and not board eligible
One-year limit as affiliate member; must become an executive member thereafter
Classification of the Month:
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
August Meeting Agenda
August 10th, 2020
Location: VIA Zoom
11:30 AM J. Beeler ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _X_J. Beeler (P) _X_ E. Speier (VP) _X_ T. DiLeo (S/T)
H. Desh ___ M. Loos X_ J. Skovgard __ J. Sawday (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _X__
11:30 AM J. Beeler MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from July Board Meeting?
· Motion: E. Speier 2nd: T. Di Leo Discussion. All in favor? 4 Any Opposed? 0 motion passes
11:35 AM T. DiLeo FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for July?
· Motion: T. Di Leo 2nd: J. Skovgard Discussion. All in favor? 4 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:40 AM E. Speier MEMBERSHIP
· No new memberships at this time.
· Suggestions for members that are MIA.
11:45 AM TBD BUSINESS PROMOTION
· The Committee is on hold until we can meet again.
· Still looking for a Business Promo chair
· Committee will merge with the BOD until we are out of the COVID phase.
11:50 AM J. Beeler / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· August 20th Long Beach Economic Forum
· Last quarter we made a profit.
· Send out a survey to members about going back to The Grand on Aug. 31.
12:00 PM J. Beeler GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is September 14th at 11:30.
12:05 PM J. Beeler ADJOURN